Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blog? what blog?


We're already a quarter of the way through 2009, and it feels simultaneously like days and years since I last posted here. Lots has happened:

I finished my internship in DC on Oct 31, 2008 and moved back to Edmonton
I started working for the Canadian Centre for Ethnomusicology again
I discovered a dormant love for photography
I became addicted to ashtanga yoga
I moved out of my parents' house for the second time
I was reunited with my wonderful kitten
I returned to an annual singing for the first time

Throughout all of this and more, I've been battling in an ongoing fight with mental health issues--which I finally seem to be winning. One of the main reasons I haven't posted here in so long is that when I'm struggling so hard with myself, I just don't know what write. I'm not interested in sharing the deep, dark, inner workings of my crazy here, and I doubt anyone would want to read that anyways. No, this blog is place for me to share the joyful things in my life, of which there are many. And now that I've remembered that, I'm ready to begin writing again.

The three greatest joys in my life right now are music, photography, and yoga. And I try to mix these things together as often as possible. I'm playing and singing fairly regularly, and I'm participating in a daily self-portrait challenge on flickr. I practice yoga at The Yoga Loft at least 3 times a week, and the difference in my strength and flexibility since I've started is astounding.

Now I'm getting ready to move again into an exciting new home with awesome roommates, start a new project at work, and set out on my first large-scale collaborative photography project. Things are looking pretty exciting in Edmonton for the first time in a while.

No comments: