Friday, January 18, 2008

Birthday Fun

I had a great day.  I finished off a project this morning at work, then T (my supervisor) took me for lunch at this great little pub in the Eastern Market.  I had a crab cake sandwich.  So yummy!  Afterwards we walked back, a pretty good hike.  We passed the capitol building and the library of congress, among other fantastic buildings.  It was a beautiful day for a walk.


This evening J and I hosted games night/birthday party, although no games were actually cracked open because everyone was too tired.  It was delicious dinner and desert with wine, and full of good conversation.

I got two great b-day presents: my key card to get into the office (yay for not having to stand in the hall and wait for someone to walk by!) and my USD Visa (yay for not having to pay additional currency conversion fees!).  Now I can feel fully settled.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to my first Pilates class (I hope it's good!) then to the Air and Space museum, which looks totally great from first glance.  I'm so excited!  This will be a fun long weekend.

No comments: