Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting Lost...

...is not so bad, really.  It took me half an hour today to find L'enfant Plaza after coming out of the L'enfant Plaza Metro station.  It really shouldn't have been so hard, but I came out of the farthest exit from the actual plaza, and then guessed incorrectly which direction to go to find another exit at street level.  But I got a nice tour of downtown.  The lack of highrises is a little disconcerting at first, but these short buildings are still surprisingly imposing.


The CFCH office is great, and it looks like I'll get my own desk (small though it may be).  Haven't met anyone that I'll be working with yet, but I have my ID badge.

Next for some grocery shopping... let's see if Whole Foods is everything wonderful that I've heard about it.


No comments: