Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Copy and Paste

... is what I did today.  It was actually more complicated than that, but it really did involve a lot of copying and pasting.  Yay for web development!  My supervisor T. says I'm learning very marketable skills, and I'm all for that.  I'm learning .net web programming, but it's still kinda a mystery to me.  I faith that all will be revealed soon though.


The archives are pretty great.  The archive in my building is not very large in area, yet it contains sooo much really interesting stuff.  In addition to the Folkways records, there are all the original masters, production docs like interviews and notes (not all of which made it into the liner notes) and all sorts of metadata.  It's pretty mind boggling to see it all.

On another note, I finally registered in a Pilates class.  I think it'll be really good for my back, and I get a discount for the yoga drop-in classes at the studio.  Also, I got a passkey for the gym in the building where I work.  I'm going to try to exercise there 2 or 3 days a week after work or during my lunch break.  Now that I'm done school I feel like the world is my oyster...

No comments: